Youth Engagement Team (YET)
YET is for 12 – 25 year olds who are:
- Disengaged from one or multiple areas of their lives, including family, services and supports, school, employment, etc.
- Presenting with, or at risk of, severe and complex mental health issues
- North or North West Tasmania; with offices in Launceston, Devonport and Burnie
- Outreach is provided in these areas – appointments in the home, at school, in the community, with a another service provider, via Skype and by phone
YET aims to provide a service for young people who fall through the gaps between office-based primary care mental health services and tertiary level services, such as Adult Community Mental Health Services (ACMHS) and Child Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
YET aims to reengage the young person in school, employment and other supports and activities as identified by the young person. YET also aims to decrease hospital admission rates for young people with more complex presentations.
- By providing an Assertive Clinical Outreach Model of Care, incorporating a range of biopsychosocial interventions depending on the needs and preferences of the young person
- This can include working with the young person’s family and / or school, and linking with community agencies to increase support and access to services
- YET also provide secondary consultation to community staff and agencies who provide support young people with complex mental health difficulties including schools, youth shelters, and housing agencies
- YET is provided at no cost
- Self-referrals are welcome
- GPs, school, parents and family, other services and supports can also refer here:
You can make a referral online using our e-referral service, or download the Youth Engagement Team Referral Form
Any person meeting the eligibility of being disengaged will have an initial assessment with a Mental Health Clinician and either accepted for ongoing support with YET or referred to a more appropriate service.
Please contact us for more information about YET.
The Youth Engagement Team (YET) is supported by Primary Health Tasmania under the Australian Government’s Primary Health Networks Program